It might seem very simple to love gardening, but you should know by now, that not everything is like it seems to be. Well, gardening might get complicated sometimes. Why? Because there isn’t everythin in your control, there are storms, there is the pH, there is the sun and the rain and plants can be very complicated to grow, they need full attention from you and the maintaining of their health can be even more complicated for a gardener.
How To do it :
1. Choose a sunny part of the garden with good drainage.
2. Dig a trench and check the pH, which should be 6.5 to 7.5.
3. Plant the crowns about 8 in. deep and 15 in. apart.
4. Cover initially with 2 in. of dirt, and gradually fill the trench as the spears emerge.
5. The edible stems of asparagus rise directly from the ground. Spears that are about 8 in. tall are ready to harvest.
6. Snapping of the spear by hand is easy and protects the plant. You can use a knife, but be careful not to damage developing stems.
7. At the end of the harvest, allow the asparagus plants to form ferns. These help transfer energy to the roots for good spear development the next season.