Daffodils are popping up everywhere around here, which only means one thing. It’s SPRING! My most favorite time of year. It also reminds me of a special garden I was going to plant.
Birth Month Flowers. Ever heard of them? How ’bout a Birth Month Garden! A special spot where you plant the flowers that correlate with the birth of your children, or grandchildren, or even furry children! Any reason to plant a special garden full of the best kind of memories, right?
So if this idea warms your heart like it does mine, here are the list of flowers for each birthday month:
- January ~ Carnation or Snowdrop
- February ~ Violet or Primrose
- March ~ Daffodil or Jonquil
- April ~ Sweet Pea or Daisy
- May ~ Lily of the Valley or Hawthorne
- June ~ Rose or Honeysuckle
- July ~ Larkspur or Water Lily
- August ~ Gladiolus or Poppy
- September ~ Aster or Morning Glory
- October ~ Calendula or Cosmos
- November ~ Chrysanthemum
- December ~ Narcissus or Holly
Now go find a perfect spot and plan the most perfect garden bed ever ~ your perfectly unique Birth Month Garden!